Design is all around us, in our homes, in buildings, architecture, landscaping, products, movies, television, and much more. The world could not function without designers and artists. Without us, everything would be plain and boring, without imagination or inspiration.
Designers are not only known for their amazing designs, but also for their inspirational and motivational quotes.
Need inspiration? Look no further! We have compiled a list of 70 of the BEST inspirational quotes about design. If you have anything to add, please leave a comment below. Feel free to share these quotes as well – especially the quotes images.
While you are here, please subscribe and stay updated at Facebook.
- “Everything is designed. Few things are designed well.” Brian Reed
- “If you can design one thing, you can design everything.” Massimo Vignelli
- “Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that's why it is so complicated.” Paul Rand
- “Design is not for philosophy it’s for life.” Issey Miyake
- “You are the only person on earth who can use your ability.” Zig Ziglar
- “Bad design is smoke, while good design is a mirror.” Juan-Carlos Fernandez.
- “Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future.” Robert L. Peters
- “Whenever something is engineered as complex, it is designed to keep you simple.” Richard Diaz
- “When you want to know how things really work, study them when they're coming apart.” William Gibson, Zero History
- “Thinking about design is hard, but not thinking about it can be disastrous.” Ralph Caplan
- “.” Soumeet Lanka
- “Design is the intermediary between information and understanding.” Hans Hofmann
- “Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.” Steve Jobs
- “Design is where science and art break even.” Robin Mathew
- “aesthetic isn't simply about good design for good design's sake.” Noah Kerner
- “Design cannot rescue failed content.” Edward R. Tufte
- “So that is the design process or the creative process. Start with a problem, forget the problem, the problem reveals itself or the solution reveals itself and then you reevaulate it. This is what you are doing all the time. ” Paul Rand
- “Color does not add a pleasant quality to design - it reinforces it.” Pierre Bonnard
- “You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.” Steve Jobs
- “Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent.” Joe Soprano
- “The dumbest mistake is viewing design as something you do at the end of the process to ‘tidy up’ the mess, as opposed to understanding it’s a ‘day one’ issue and part of everything.” Tom Peterson
- “Technology over technique produces emotionless design.” Daniel...